Normally when you think about Montessori training courses, you think about Montessori teacher training courses. We've recently come to find that Montessori teachers are not the only one's who can take advantage of these useful Montessori courses.
Montessori parent training is a great way for parents to get involved with their preschoolers education. There are non-credit courses available for parents and homeschoolers.
Main Benefits of Taking These Courses for Parents and Homeschoolers
- Study online and network with other parents
- Access top quality information on how children learn
- Create an engaging learning environment
- Increase focus in your child’s attention
- Teach your child to read
- Stimulate your child’s mathematical mind
- Unlock the child’s full potential and innate talents
There is a great Montessori parent training service with online courses starting soon! We highly recommend taking a look at Age of Montessori and their parent training courses.
Components of the Non-Credit Course
The non-credit option includes training for homeschoolers, parents, administrators, and anyone desiring to know more about the timeless insights of world renowned medical doctor and educator, Maria Montessori. The non-certification option only includes Step 1, Online Study. Upon successful completion of Part 1, non-credit students will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
We encourage non-credit students to engage in the discussion forums, but you are not required to do reading, writing, or presentation assignments. However, you are welcome to participate in any of the class assignments. The more you participate, the more you will get out of the course.
Non-credit students are not required to take final exams and will not be eligible to attend the Intensive or to intern.
Nine months of online study of the philosophy and psychology that is the heart of the Montessori Method. Topics you will study include:
- Getting to Know Your Prepared Online Environment
- Introduction to Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Preparation of the Teacher, Part 1: Personal Reflection
- Maria Montessori – a Short Biography
- Human Tendencies, Sensitive Periods and the Brain
- History of Methods – Montessori and Major Early Childhood Theorists
- Stage of Development
- Prepared Environment
- Liberty and Discipline
- Movement, Mental Assimilation and the Work of the Child
- Normalization through Work
- Preparation of the Montessori Director/Directress, Part 2: Spiritual Preparation
- Peace Education
During this step you will also learn about the four great avenues of learning for the early childhood years (2 1/2 -6) and the beautiful learning materials Maria Montessori designed for the children’s use. The four great avenues of learning are: Practical Life, Sensorial Development, Development of Language and Early Preparation of the Mathematical Mind.
Age of Montessori Has New Montessori Parent Training Courses Starting September, 3rd.
Click here to view the non-credit Montessori parent course fee and application.